Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Toc Competition

TOC stands for Tournament of Champions, it's a band competition held at Standridge stadium. It is one of the annual competitions that the band always goes to it. Every year we have made finals but usually, the band always moves down in rank during the finals performance. However, this year, the Creekview Band moved up from 7th place to 6th place in the finals! It was an exciting time because the school hasn't done that in a long time. And on top of everything, the school that we beat was the school Mr. Ruangtip came from. Also, we beat Liberty HS, which is the school Mr. Hazzard moved to. This TOC competition was the best one out of the four years I've been in the band. It made me realize how great the band program is and how proud I am to be apart of it.I remember being on the field looking up at drum major, Michael George and just seeing the biggest smile on his face for the whole performance. I almost cried right there out on the field because that was my last TOC competition ever and the band was performing so well. I thank God for moments like those. That competition meant so much to me and I will carry it with me always.

No comments:

Post a Comment