Wednesday, May 22, 2013

TMEA



The Creekview A Cappella choir got the privilege to perform at the annual Teacher Music Educators Association in San Antonio, Texas. It is every choir directors dream for their choir to get selected to go. I remember the day I found out. I was very excited but I was also coming off of Midwest and that had been such a stressful and negative experience. I was proud of the choir but I was also honestly I little disappointed because that meant my senior year in choir was going to include a lot of work. Sounds Lazy right?! But coming off of Midwest with Mr. Crazy (Hazzard) I just wanted a break. However, my choir experience turned out to be completely different. Mrs. Sikon worked with us on the music with a sense of professionalism and patience. I ended up actually really enjoying my TMEA experience. It included a lot of hard work and dedication but I loved every moment of it. Performing in the ballroom at TMEA was an experience I will never forget. The choir sounded amazing and I was so honored to have been able to sing with such incredible peers and an outstanding director. I remember tearing up because I realized I had put so much into choir over the years and I was going to be my last opportunity to sing at an important event like that. That will be memory that I will remember for the rest of my life. I am so blessed to have been able to perform at TMEA.

No comments:

Post a Comment