Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Summer Band

Summer band starts at the beginning of August and proceeds all the way til the first day of school. So in another words, I have no life during the month of August. I have never had the month of August off during my time in high school.This year was my last year to experience summer band. It was just as hot as it had always been. I don't think the weather is capable of being cooler during August in the state of Texas. I got to learn my last marching show entitled Pictures at an Exhibition. We didn't learn the show as fast or as soon as we did in past years and we were more successful this year. I actually loved the music and the drill. I haven't felt that way since my freshman year. Mr. Ruangtip also had a lot more patience than Mr. Hazzard did. Besides my freshman year, I would say that this past summer band experience was one of my favorites and I would definitely do it all over again. Honestly, I am sad that all my marching band years are over but I'm glad I ended them on a good note.

No comments:

Post a Comment