Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Marching Season

So once summer band ends, the season is far from over. Marching Band season lasts from the beginning of school until around mid November. For those three months my life is crazy. I have no free time but I do end the season with a nice looking tan. During those months, I have 2 and a half hour rehearsals every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. I also have multiple competitions every Saturday during the month of October. While marching season is extremely tiring and most of the band kids constantly smell, it is my favorite time of the school year. I love all the football games and pep rallies where the band gets to play tunes and perform the marching show we all have worked so hard on for months. I get to spend so much time with some of my favorite people and the bus rides are always hilarious. I always finish every marching season with so many cherish able memories that I get to carry with me for the rest of my life. I'm glad this marching season went well this year. We broke some records that have been set in the past by the previous Creekview band. Lastly, I was so proud of everyone because even with a new director, we all came together and had an incredible marching season.

No comments:

Post a Comment