Wednesday, May 22, 2013

My singing solo in Angels

I have had a lot of solos over the four years I have been in band and choir. However, they have never been very big solos nor has a piece ever been centered around me. This year, Mr. Ruangtip chose a song for UIL entitled Angels in the Architecture. It is a beautiful piece with a gorgeous vocal solo at the beginning and the end of the piece. I was chosen to sing the big solo. I was so excited because I knew I could do a great job at it. There were times later when I didn't want to do it because it was a lot of responsibility. All of that went away at UIL when my performance was spectacular. The solo sounded beautiful and the band did such a great job on the rest of the piece. For a while, the Wind Symphony wasn't sure if it would receive a solid one rating at UIL like it had every year in the history of Creekview High School. However, even without the two assistant directors, we pulled it out at the end and got all ones. I had never been more proud of the band before until that time. It still amazes me how, when everyone fights for something, we always seem to achieve it. I couldn't have been happier with that Wind Symphony performance and with my own. I was and still am extremely honored that Mr. Ruangtip chose me to sing. I look at it as a award for all my past work in the Wind Symphony because I have been in that band since my freshman year. In the end, the solo was a huge responsibility but I'm glad it ended up being my responsibility. It was a great way to finish my senior year in the Creekview Wind Symphony.

“Every moment has its pleasures and its hope.”
―Jane Austen, Mansfield Park

No comments:

Post a Comment